miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2026

TOWARDS QUANTITATIVE MANAGEMENT OF LAND AND THE ENVIRONMENT IN COLOMBIA


 

I am pleased to share with the academic and professional community, as well as the agricultural sector, the progress of my latest work: "Agro-environmental Economics: Principles, Challenges, and Sustainability for Colombia."

This project stems from the urgent need to move beyond intuition in decision-making regarding land and natural capital. Through 15 chapters, the book integrates agro-environmental statistics, the valuation of invisible externalities, and economic modeling to offer quantitative answers to the dilemma between productive competitiveness and environmental sustainability.

Why this project? Rural development in Colombia demands robust analytical frameworks that allow economists, agronomists, environmentalists, and decision-makers to measure the true impact of public policies and productive projects.

We are beginning the "Building in Public" phase. Prior to the formal launch of the final work (in Spanish and English), I will be periodically sharing the executive summary of each chapter.

My goal with this approach is to open a space for technical debate and peer validation:

• How are these indicators applied in your regions or institutions?

• What case studies or variables do you consider key to explore further?

I invite you to follow these updates, contribute your valuable observations, and collectively build this initiative.

What challenge do you consider a priority in the relationship between the economy and agricultural sustainability in Colombia? I look forward to your comments.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario